Pearls from Dr. John Poneros
- Data suggests LR better than NS.
- Initial resuscitation 5-10ml/kg/hr -> about 2.5L-4L in first 24hrs.
Posted 02/16/17 10:40:18 AM by Adam Faye
- Degree of amylase/lipase has NO prognostic value
- Studies have looked at CT as predictive factors; imaging lags behind clinical findings so early CT can underestimate the severity of the disorder
- Some use Hematocrit- if rising even after fludi administration may implicate more severe pancreatitis
Posted 02/16/17 10:42:57 AM by Adam Faye
Posted 02/16/17 11:18:55 AM by Adam Faye
Pancreatitis - when to allow PO intake?
Posted 02/16/17 11:48:55 AM by Adam Faye
- Data for high dose PO Vanc is minimal- no clear benefit but often done.
- Ne NEJM article looking at Bezoltoxomab: 2,655 patients receiving PO Abx for C. diff (Primary or Recurrent)
- Bezlotoxumab vs. (Bezlotoxumab + Actoxumab) vs. Placebo
- Primary End point: Recurrent Infection
- Bezlotoxumab- 16% vs. Placebo 26%
- Adding Actoxumab did not reduce recurrent infection risk
Posted 02/16/17 11:50:45 AM by Adam Faye
Created by Christopher Kelly
Know a hypochondriac? Get them the best-selling book 'AM I DYING?!: A Complete Guide to Your Symptoms, and What to Do Next'
The information on the website does not constitute official guidelines except where explicitly stated.
It is not meant to replace the advice of a health professional.