- Data suggests LR better than NS.
- Initial resuscitation 5-10ml/kg/hr -> about 2.5L-4L in first 24hrs.
Posted 02/16/17 10:40:18 AM by Adam Faye
- Degree of amylase/lipase has NO prognostic value
- Studies have looked at CT as predictive factors; imaging lags behind clinical findings so early CT can underestimate the severity of the disorder
- Some use Hematocrit- if rising even after fludi administration may implicate more severe pancreatitis
Posted 02/16/17 10:42:57 AM by Adam Faye
Posted 02/16/17 11:18:55 AM by Adam Faye
Pancreatitis - when to allow PO intake?
Posted 02/16/17 11:48:55 AM by Adam Faye
- Data for high dose PO Vanc is minimal- no clear benefit but often done.
- Ne NEJM article looking at Bezoltoxomab: 2,655 patients receiving PO Abx for C. diff (Primary or Recurrent)
- Bezlotoxumab vs. (Bezlotoxumab + Actoxumab) vs. Placebo
- Primary End point: Recurrent Infection
- Bezlotoxumab- 16% vs. Placebo 26%
- Adding Actoxumab did not reduce recurrent infection risk
Posted 02/16/17 11:50:45 AM by Adam Faye
Created by Christopher Kelly
The information on the website does not constitute official guidelines except where explicitly stated.
It is not meant to replace the advice of a health professional.