- using Mg for severe acute asthma showed that peak expiratory flow improved
- Forced expiratory volume improved by 9.8% predicted
Posted 01/30/17 04:40:48 PM by Adam Faye
- Plateau pressure is what is transmitted to the alveoli.
- Auto-peep caused by breath stacking - in order to improve:
- Decrease Respiratory Rate
- Increase Flow Rate
- Can always disconnect from the vent if very high Peak/Plateau pressures
Posted 01/30/17 04:45:49 PM by Adam Faye
When intubating asthma patients remember may worsen hypotension:
- Positive Pressure decreases pre-load (also decreases after-load)
- Sedation drops pre-load
- Also may be volume down given insensible losses from working hard to breathe
Posted 01/30/17 04:51:18 PM by Adam Faye
for status asthmaticus:
Posted 01/30/17 04:53:20 PM by Adam Faye
Created by Christopher Kelly
The information on the website does not constitute official guidelines except where explicitly stated.
It is not meant to replace the advice of a health professional.