- using Mg for severe acute asthma showed that peak expiratory flow improved
- Forced expiratory volume improved by 9.8% predicted
Posted 01/30/17 04:40:48 PM by Adam Faye
- Plateau pressure is what is transmitted to the alveoli.
- Auto-peep caused by breath stacking - in order to improve:
- Decrease Respiratory Rate
- Increase Flow Rate
- Can always disconnect from the vent if very high Peak/Plateau pressures
Posted 01/30/17 04:45:49 PM by Adam Faye
When intubating asthma patients remember may worsen hypotension:
- Positive Pressure decreases pre-load (also decreases after-load)
- Sedation drops pre-load
- Also may be volume down given insensible losses from working hard to breathe
Posted 01/30/17 04:51:18 PM by Adam Faye
for status asthmaticus:
Posted 01/30/17 04:53:20 PM by Adam Faye
Created by Christopher Kelly
Know a hypochondriac? Get them the best-selling book 'AM I DYING?!: A Complete Guide to Your Symptoms, and What to Do Next'
The information on the website does not constitute official guidelines except where explicitly stated.
It is not meant to replace the advice of a health professional.