Cardiac sarcoidosis - most common clinical manifestations are heart block and arrhythmias
Posted 12/05/16 10:28:47 AM by Anna Krigel
= one of the most common drug classes implicated in ER visits due to outpatient adverse drug events in 2013-2014 according to a recent paper in JAMA
- Other drug classes most commonly implicated - antibiotics, diabetes agents, opioid analgesics
Posted 12/05/16 10:32:41 AM by Anna Krigel
- Selective t-cell costimulation blocker
- Used as maintenance immunosuppressive therapy after renal transplant in those who develop toxicity from calcineurin inhibitors (other option is sirolimus or everolimus)
- Given intravenously as a monthly infusion
- May increase the risk of posttransplant lymphoproliferative disorder
Posted 12/05/16 10:50:26 AM by Anna Krigel
- Used to aid in the diagnosis of herpes virus, including herpes simplex, varicella, and zoster
- Not used as commonly compared to the past due to the availability of immunofluorescence testing
- Presence of multi-nucleated giant cells indicates infection with HSV or VZV
Posted 12/05/16 10:58:13 AM by Anna Krigel
For further reading...
Posted 12/05/16 10:59:43 AM by Anna Krigel
Created by Christopher Kelly
The information on the website does not constitute official guidelines except where explicitly stated.
It is not meant to replace the advice of a health professional.